Tuesday, July 15, 2008

week one

ready or not?

2- 45 min. runs: easy-med pace

Our long run this week will be 6 mi.  at easy-med pace.  If you need to walk, every mile or so take a one min. walking break.  

Bonus points if you add in another day with 1hr of activity such as a hike, aerobics class, yoga class, or bike ride!

some tips for motivation:
  • when you finish a run, blog it
  • check it off on your calendar
  • call me whenever!

6 comments:

rp said...

tues. 7/15

I did it! Thanks for the call.
so, I felt heavy to start with. I definitely feel slower than I have before and I'm out of the running routine, but I'm ready to get back in.

I went out for 45 min. I ran for 5 min. stretched. ran to a track. Then I did 4 laps total around the track (picking up the pace a bit so I was breathing more heavily by the end of ea. lap) I jogged slowly back home. I also did some push ups and sit ups.

This is more than I've done in a little while. I can start off strong but the key is to keep up w/ this. Feels good. Good luck this week!

rp said...

I slept in today so i wasn't able to go out, even if for a short run.

I'm pretty busy these next few days, but I'm determined to get in those two runs!

Alita Pregizer said...

The motivation call was a blessing. Didn't run yesterday but got a run in today. Ran about a mile on sand then ran on the strand. It was energizing to get off the sand because solid ground is way easier than sand. I may have been a little shy of 45 mins but felt great. Here we go. Hope get a run in tomorrow, but we'll see.

rp said...

bummer. I guess my last comment didn't post from Thurs.

THURS RUN:

Well, I went to take susa to an apt on thurs in Potrero Hill (an area w/ lots of hills) and I ran around there. I ran for 45 min. all together w/ several hills. I found a perfect block (19th/20th street and De Haro) where when you're at the top you get a view of the city and the entire bay bridge Then I ran down it and back up along these cute houses to stairs, nestled in this dead end street.

Good stuff.

It's helping me to know that I'm going to come home and log it. I think "I can't wait to tell alita."

Oh, also I was thinking of joining a Road Runners Club. They are all over and the one here is SFRRC. This would help me once a week on the long runs. I was looking for one down there but don't know if there is one. It costs $ but it would be really helpful.

Alita Pregizer said...

Good call on a runners club. So it it Saturday and I was suppose to run my six miler. I may not be able to do so, therefore I am going to the gym instead. I am going to try to run it tomorrow. I will give up an update later today!

Good job on your runs!

rp said...

I went out today at 9 with Joanna. (Joes wife who is also staying w/ us)

I went out for over an hour! It felt ok, I was at a slow steady pace. I definitely didn't feel strong, but I was able to do it w/out too much of a struggle and picked up the pace for the last leg.