Monday, August 25, 2008

week seven

Ok, sorry about the 11 miles last week. That was a slip up.

We're sticking with the original plan: concentrate on the 3 runs a week (track/speed, tempo, long) then add easy runs or cross training on the "off" days, and increase our long runs by half a mile each week.

For week seven:

Day One: At track: 5X800 with a lap break in between. Ends up your picking up your pace for five minutes. Don't forget warm-up and cool down.

Day Two: 4 mile Tempo Run w/ mile warm up and cool down

Day Three: 8 mile long run, Good Luck! Join a running group yet?

On the off days, do XT or short, easy runs.

4 comments:

rp said...

Mon: XT day. I went to a yoga class for the first time in about a year. It's like I'm giving back to my body since I put it through so much w/ running.

rp said...

Tues:

Did two miles on the track w/ a warm up and cool down. It was ok, went out w/ three other people and it kind of through me off.

Wed:

Ran and "easy" run that wasn't so easy. I went out for 45 min.

Alita Pregizer said...

Go Cousin Go!!! I started school this weeks so I am exhausted! But on Tuesday I went to the gym @ 4:30am and ran 4 miles, and Wednesday I ran 4 miles as hard as possible. Friday I did the stairs at at the gym and planning on a long run today... 8 miles!?. There is a group of people from my church running the Big Sur run, who run on Saturdays, but I missed their run this morning. I need to read the blog more for workouts. I will get back on it. Thanks for being consistent! I will update you on my long run today. Love you

Alita Pregizer said...

I didn't do a long run... shoot... better luck this week!?