After this week we can officially claim that we have started a habit, if we follow the rule that it takes 21 days to start a new habit.
Track Day:
20min. easy run
4 laps with a minute or so break in between ea lap
warm down/ jog the rest to total 45 min.
*if you can't get to a track, try picking up the pace for 2:30min 4x's then break in between.
Hills Day:
20min easy run
Find a hill that may take to 45sec to 1 min to get up (you should be huffin and puffin at the top :)
Run that 4 x's, or if your hills are longer, then you can do it less times.
warm down/ jog the rest
Long Run:
We're up to 7 miles!
Good luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Mon:
Jo and I ran out to the polo fields for 50 min. I picked up my pace a few times (a pseudo tempo run). I bought a new watch and I love it; it let me knows my heart rate and how long I kept it up for. That was a new motivator for me.
So... You haven't heard from me in a while because I haven't been running. Being out of town or having people in town yet a blessing, is killing me. I ran for40 mins today and I was dying. Back to square 1. I hate saying that, but on a positive note... your blogs are inspiring and motivating to me. Yeah to do a long run, but I am working on it. WILL NOT GIVE UP!
I meant to say, "Yet to do a long run"
Wed:
I went out for 45 min. and stepped it up a bit.
Fri:
It's my long day. Ran for 20 minutes. I'm hooked! Can't not run.
Sat: I was planning on a short run. I ran for 25 min. then came back and Stevie (he was up here this weekend) said he wanted to run. So I went out again w/ him for 25- 30 min.
Sun: I did the long run and ran to the beach and back for a total of 70 min. oh my. Not as easy as the past two long runs. I can tell that everything i do for the week determines how strong I am during my runs. I've made some new rules for myself each day.
Rules:
eat one more serving of veggies a day.
drink 8 glasses of water (so hard sometimes)
limit to one sweet snack a day. (one day I ate a sweet snack after every meal)
Post a Comment